Saturday, September 20, 2008

"Lord, give me an eye for treasures..."

That's the simple prayer I said as we started our thrift store search this evening. About an hour later we walked out of Southern Thrift with this matching set of two end tables and a coffee table, each for only $4.99! We bought them because of their mid-century modern look and decent condition.(Our house begs us to replace our IKEA goods with real atomic jewels.) A gentle sanding and some lemon oil will go a long way. Once at home, Jason started cleaning them up while I googled the maker (stamped inside the drawers): American by Martinsville. Turns out each piece is worth anywhere from $100 to $500. Talk about an answer to prayer! Thank you Lord!! As tempting as it is to resell them, I think we just might keep them.






Tomorrow, once they're all cleaned up and sitting in their new positions in the living room, I'll take more pictures.

3 comments:

fieldtrip said...

Southern Thrift is awesome! Kristin and I are always finding great finds there!

Whitney said...

Wow--these are amazing! I wish I lived a little closer to this store.
I just found your great blog! Can't wait to see more of your house. I love it!

Eric said...

Those are great! I have a corner table that matches this set and I have always wanted another piece to go with it. It does not have any markings on the bottom but now I know what to look for.